How Can I Report a Lost or Found Animal?
To report a lost or found animal please email us the following information
- Your name
- email address and phone number and any other contact information
- Type of animal
- Description of the animal (color, size, breed, sex, name include the tag number if it is a dog),
- Last know location of the animal or where animal found
- Date and time lost or found
- Enter either "Lost Animal" or "Found Animal" on the subject Line
- Attach a recent photo and we can post it on our website.
If the dog is wearing a current Saginaw County tag, call (989) 797-4500 follow the prompts to retrieve the owner's phone number. If the animal is wearing any type of ID, attempt to contact the owner using the information on the ID. The animal can be scanned for a microchip by a local veterinarian or shelter. Calling the place you desire to take them ensures they have scanning capability. Post flyers in the neighborhood that you found the animal. Post fliers on our found pet's page. You can contact SCACC for a dog pick up. We don't pick up cats unless they are injured. You can bring the animal down to our shelter.
If you want to Privately locate a lost pet:
- Post flyers in the neighborhood as soon as your animal went missing. Ask elementary schools in the area if you can post flyers, kids often notice animals.
- On the flyers, have a picture of your animal, name, full detail of color or markings, if they're nice or scared, if they need medication, your phone number, where they went missing and the date they went missing.
- Talk to neighbors, letter carries, and paper deliverers to see if anyone has spotted your pet.
- Place ad in the local paper and offer a reward. Also check the found ads.
- Most important keep looking for at least 10 days. Many pets are found by members of the public who may not bring the animal in to the shelter for several days.
- Come look at our shelter- Saginaw County Animal Control Center 1312 Gratiot Rd, Saginaw.