Skip Navigation

Veterans' Services

Veterans' Travel Reimbursement Form

Honorably discharged indigent members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and
women’s auxilaries and the indigent spouses, minor children, and parents of each indigent or deceased member who served during a period of war as described in Section 1 of Pubic Act 214 of 1899, who are not currently eligible for or receiving federal or state assistance.

General Guidelines

  1. A claimant, legal representative, or caregiver may complete this form.
  2. The form may be presented in person or mailed to: Saginaw County Controller’s Office, 111 S. Michigan Avenue, Saginaw, Michigan 48602.
  3. An application for travel reimbursement must be completed and submitted within 30 days of travel.
  4. Original receipts are required for allowable non-mileage expenses (e.g., tolls; parking; fares; and
    transport by bus, train, taxi, or other form of public transportation.)
  5. Current IRS Mileage Reimbursement Rate is 58 cents per mile driven for business purposes and 20 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes.
  6. Payment will be made by check issued in the name of the Veteran.